Our state-of-the-art surface-mount technology (SMT) is a central facet of our daily business. Nearly all jobs require this technology, often in combination with conventional plated through-hole components. Our process is designed for high component mix, batch production with quick changeovers. We can mount conventional surface-mount components along with fine pitch quad flat packs (QFP’s) and ball grid arrays (BGA’s).
There are four separate, major phases to our surface mount technology process:
- Screen printing
- Component placement
- Solder re-flow
- Automated optical inspection (AOI)
All of our systems provide precision optical and laser placement, flexibility, high throughput rate, and other unique features.
With dedicated engineering personnel on every prototype run, we provide timely feedback to our customers regarding DFM (design for manufacturing), improving manufacturability and reducing production costs.
Types of coatings:
- For quick-turn, low volume, fast setup, we utilize offline Contact & Amistar pick and place machines.
- For high end/reproduction, state-of-the-art Fuji inline systems can handle BGA & Micro BGA. With the addition of our new Fuji CP643, we are able to place package sizes down to .0201.
- Pick-and-place (P&P) programming is done using customer provided design CAD data for faster & accurate assembly.
- Fuji Flexa is utilized for our P&P program optimizer GA, Micro BGA, CSP (chip scale packaging), QFP (quad flat pack), and any other packaging type.
- Utilize state-of-the-art BTU INT. 7 Zone Forced Air Convection Re-flow Ovens.
- Handle any board size up to 20”x20” and up to 36 layers.
- BGA, Micro BGA, CSP (chip scale packaging), QFP (quad flat pack), and any other packaging type.
- 50k+ CPH (components per hour) capability.
- High Mix Low Volume
- Double sided capability
- Auto & semi-auto paste deposition
- Rigid, flex, & rigid/flex
- Custom fixtures